The Isivivana Centre
Resource type: Video
The Isivivana Centre is a social justice and community center in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, South Africa. It was built to house activist organizations, including many Atlantic grantees. Members of the local community can also access the library, watch films in the cinema or visit the free legal advice centre. This short film tells the story of this vital and unique new space.
Here are the nongovernmental organizations that operate out of the Isivivana Centre:
- Equal Education
- Equal Education Law Centre
- Médecins Sans Frontières
- Social Justice Coalition
- Thope Foundation
- Treatment Action Campaign
- Workers World Media Productions
- Building for a Better World: Khayelitsha’s New Activist Centre
- ‘This is All Yours’: Opening Remarks for Isivivana Centre in Khayelitsha
Khayelitsha Youth and Community Centre Trust is an Atlantic grantee.