The Atlantic Philanthropies in Northern Ireland: 1991-2014
Resource type: Research Report
The Atlantic Philanthropies |
Note: In 2017, we published an updated version of this report as part of our Country Books series.
Between 1991 and 2014, Atlantic invested more than $554 million in Northern Ireland to support the peace process, address the legacy of violent conflict, protect and expand human and civil rights, spur economic growth through higher education, create a stronger ageing sector and transform children’s services through prevention and early intervention.
This report tells the story of the impact of Atlantic’s, and our grantees’, work in Northern Ireland, including:
- An overview, in numbers, of our investments
- A list of key grantee achievements
- A brief introduction to how Atlantic first began working there
- A description of how Atlantic’s and our grantees’ work, and the fields on which we have focused, have evolved since initiating our work
- An assessment of Atlantic’s most significant contributions within each field
- A meta-assessment of Atlantic’s and grantees’ collective, overall impact to date.