The Atlantic Philanthropies’ Grantmaking in the Cancer and Biomedical Fields: 1986-2015
Resource type: Research Report
This report summarizes The Atlantic Philanthropies’ investments totaling more than $1 billion between 1986-2015 to advance cancer research around the world.
Topics discussed include:
- How Atlantic Founder Chuck Feeney’s appreciation for cancer’s toll on people, families and society led him to personally search out opportunities “ripe” for investment
- Atlantic’s early and ongoing support for emerging immunotherapy-related research
- The importance of funding for capital projects
- The foundation’s ongoing support for, and encouragement of, collaboration between institutions and research groups.
The report also contains a year-by-year list of the foundation’s cancer and biomedical grants to organizations in Australia, Cuba, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States and Viet Nam.
- Download the report (PDF)
Atlantic commissioned this report.