Advancing Children’s Rights Through Advocacy in Ireland
Resource type: Research Report
The Atlantic Philanthropies |
Between 2004 and 2012, Atlantic invested $28 million to support the work of groups in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland advocating for policies and programs meant to advance the rights of children. As discussed in this summary, the work had three key objectives:
- Build a strong body of core children’s rights organizations to strengthen the field.
- Develop the voice and leadership capacity of communities, families and children, and young people.
- Support key campaigns.
Outcomes of Atlantic’s investments included:
- Authentic engagement with young people and promoting their participation enabled real changes to be made.
- Organizations influenced domestic law and policy in advancing children’s rights.
- Organizations used the law to secure change.
- Organizations employed research to enable transformation.
Atlantic commissioned this report.