Social Change + Pop Culture = Spitfire’s AndACTION
Resource type: News
Kristen Grimm | [ View Original Source (opens in new window) ]
I have three pieces of good news.
1) You can now claim binge-watching is an essential part of your day job,
2) The expert opinion and proof that connecting your issues to pop culture is not only fun but a very strategic move is now at your fingertips for free, and
3) For those of you who dread what the presidential election might bring, we have details on the show that will take the place of the West Wing in your heart, and you can say “Kiefer Sutherland is my president.”
In other words, the AndACTION website has officially launched.
Why should you visit? For starters, imagine if people engaged in your cause with the same intensity as they watch Game of Thrones or Scandal. The fact is, organizations like yours need stories to win hearts and minds. Yet few groups are using the most powerful stories around, which are served up nightly on shows like The Good Wife, Jane the Virgin or in films like Selma and Batman.
We have been busy these last few months preparing to launch our pop culture hub that gives social change organizations intel on upcoming and recent film or TV storylines on their issues. We call it AndACTION because we hunt down leads and suggest creative ways for you to use compelling stories to move eyeballs from the big and small screen to your action page.
Our new digital home has lots of great information and tools for you. Take a peak. If you don’t know where to start, or just love a good tour guide, here is a quick cheat sheet of three things you can do right now to get started:
FIRST Check out the extensive database we’ve put together of upcoming storylines (that is super easy to sort by issue area) so you can find the piece with the perfect amount of pop culture oomph for your next action.
NEXT Learn the smart thinking behind AndACTION and let us show you how to turn our obsession with the silver screen into a tactic to help you achieve your strategic communication goals.
FINALLY Don’t be left out of the loop! Make sure you sign up for customized storyline alerts so you are in the know on upcoming storylines that are specifically relevant to you. You can sign up for as many or as few as you would like and update your selection at any time, so click away!
Want proof that this stuff works? Check out examples of organizations using stories to achieve social issue awareness and bring audiences to shows that are covering these important topics. And when you’re done, drop us a line and let us know how else we can help you to use stories in your work!
- Visit AndACTION’s website
- Website Helps Nonprofits Use Movies and TV Shows to Promote Causes, The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Can Pop Culture Drive Social Change? These Foundations Think So. Inside Philanthropy