The Atlantic Philanthropies in South Africa: 1991–2013
Resource type: Research Report
The Atlantic Philanthropies |
Between 1991–2013, Atlantic invested $355.5 million to seek justice, promote better health care and greater health equity, and deliver services that support transformative social change, foster human rights and dignity in South Africa, and fulfil the promise of the democratic Constitution.
This report tells the story of the impact of Atlantic’s, and our grantees’, work in South Africa, which has concentrated on equitable access to services and justice for the most neglected and historically disadvantaged communities, including:
- An overview, in numbers, and timeline of our investments
- A brief introduction to how Atlantic first began working there
- A description of how Atlantic’s and our grantees’ work, and the fields on which we have focused, have evolved since initiating our work
- An assessment of Atlantic’s most significant contributions within each field
- A meta-assessment of Atlantic’s and grantees’ collective, overall impact to date.
This report was prepared by Susan Parker.